The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers
Internationally recognised. Locally essential.
The ICB was established in 1931 with the aim of promoting quality training and qualifications for Bookkeeping, Accounting, Office Administration and Financial Management in southern Africa.
ICB is an internationally recognised professional body that conducts professional assessments for those who intend following a career in bookkeeping and accounting.
IBTC offers the following ICB Certification Programmes:
- Junior Bookkeeper (NQF 3)
- Senior Bookkeeper (NQF 4)
- Technical Financial Accountant (NQF 5)
and the following national qualifications:
- National Certificate Bookkeeping (NQF 3)
- Further Education and Training Certificate Bookkeeping (NQF 4)
- National Diploma Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5)
Completion of any of these qualifications lead to professional membership of the ICB with designations awarded depending on what course of study has been followed.
What can I sign off with this qualification?
The ICB is associated with the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) and the International Association of Bookkeepers, both based in the UK.