CIMA Islamic Finance
The various CIMA Certificates in Islamic Finance and CIMA Diploma in Islamic Finance (CDIF) are short-term distance learning courses designed to give accountants expertise in this specialised and fast-growing area coupled with the professional recognition of a CIMA international qualification. It is the first range of Certificates and Diplomas in Islamic finance to be created by a professional chartered accountancy institute in conjunction with an advisory group of Shari'ah academics and scholars.
Through IBTC you will get a substantial discount if you decide to study the Diploma in Islamic Finance with CIMA through Home Study.
The two promotional codes are:
IFIBTCCERT071 (for those enrolling on individual certificates - £20 off each module)
IFIBTCDIP071 (for those enrolling on the full Diploma - £90 off the Diploma price)
- Islamic Commercial Law
- Islamic Banking and Takaful
- Islamic Capital Markets and Instruments
- Accounting for Islamic Financial Institutions
Each certificate can be completed in two to six months, depending on your prior knowledge and experience.
Diploma in Islamic Finance:
- Islamic Commercial Law, Islamic Banking and Takaful, Islamic Capital Markets and Instruments, Accounting for Islamic Financial Institutions
The Diploma in Islamic Finance contains all 4 modules above. The diplomacan also be used as an entry route into the CIMA qualification to begin your CIMA studies at the operational level.
IBTC's Part-time evening and Saturday courses are an excellent way of preparing for the CIMA exams. Courses are lecture-based and relatively fast-paced focusing on the core examinable areas of the syllabus. All courses include a set of BPP study material (see below).
Who is the course aimed at?
- employees already in the industry who want more detailed knowledge of Islamic finance
- people who wish to enter the industry
- those who are simply interested in the subject matter
- companies and employers that need to increase their talent pool of Islamic finance staff
Cert IF deals with Shari'ah compliance and the complexities of the contracts that underpin this compliance. You will also be exposed to the terms and phrases specific to Islamic finance and the standards, guidelines and best practices established by governing bodies.
What does the course include?
- all material and study guides necessary for studying the qualification
- access to CIMA's dedicated website
- electronic assessment with IBTC
- two sittings of each assessment
Registration with CIMA
Enroll for the course directly through the CIMA website, but by using IBTC’s unique code you will get a 25% discount. Once you have successfully enrolled online you will be sent a confirmation email and your four study guides will be sent through the post. You will also gain access to IBTC's tutor to whom you can send your queries.
- Go to the CIMA website.
- Follow the steps to enrol. The system will take you through to payment.
- At the payment stage you will be asked for a promotional code.
- Here you should enter IBTC's code and press 'proceed' to payment. You will then pay the reduced price.
The CIMA qualifications are open to everyone.
You will need a good standard of mathematics and to be proficient in the English language.
ExemptionsNo exemptions are available.
ExamsYou must pass a computer-based final assessment in all four modules to gain the certificate. Each assessment has between 40 and 50 multiple choice questions. The maximum time allowed for each assessment is one hour. The pass mark for each assessment is 65%.
The assessments can be taken at any CIMA-accredited assessment centre at any time. IBTC is a registered CBA centre for the Western Cape. Contact IBTC directly if you are ready to sit the exam.
Two attempts at each assessment are included in your study package. Further attempts will be subject to an additional fee.
FeedbackStudents receive immediate feedback and results. Once you have completed the assessment and submitted it electronically, you will receive your exam mark. On passing the assessment, you will also automatically receive a certificate of completion.
The complete package includes two attempts at each assessment. Further resits of the exams after the two attempts will cost an additional ?60.