full abeSA syllabusThere are four certifications/qualifications that you can complete with abeSA. Each certification is appropriate for a specific managerial level, in ascending order, and each comes with its own designation.
You need to write board exams in four subjects and complete a Portfolio of Managerial Experience (POME) for each certification.
You can do extra subjects through ABE in the UK which will enable you to receive a Diploma, an Advanced Diploma or a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management, depending on your level.
For more information go to the individual pages for each certification/designation.
Certified Team Leader (CTL) [link to page]
- Entry level management
1. Organisational Behaviour
2. Principles of Financial Accounting
3. Economic Principles and their Application to Business
4. Quantitative Methods of Business and Management
Certified Supervisor (CS) [link to page]
- Junior management/aspiring supervisors
1. Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
2. Human Resource Management
3. Management in Action
4. Systems Analysis and Design
Certified Front Line Manager (CFLM) [link to page]
- Middle and line managers/aspiring front line or mid-level managers
1. Corporate Strategy and Planning
2. Managing in Organisations
3. International Business Case Study
4. Strategic Marketing Management
Certified General Manager (CGM) [link to page]
- Operations or general managers/aspiring senior-general managers
1. Strategic Business Management and Planning
2. Management of Financial Resources and Performance
3. Organisational Resource Management
4. Leadership and Change Management