The strategic level is made up of three subjects. Students who have completed the strategic level subject must then complete the strategic level Integrated Case Study (ICS) to become CIMA qualified.
P3 shows how to identify, evaluate and manage various risks that could adversely affect the implementation of the organisation's strategy. It provides the competencies required to analyse, evaluate and apply the techniques, processes and internal control systems required to manage risk. This insight is then used to manage the risks associated with both cash flows and capital investment decisions - two important areas of organisational life for which the finance function is responsible.
1. Identification, classification and evaluation of risk.
2. Responses to strategic risk.
3. Internal controls to manage risk.
4. Managing risks associated with cash flows.
5. Capital investment decisions.
You will learn how to:
1. Identify, evaluate and respond to risks that could impact on the implementation of strategy.
2. Develop the competencies required to analyse and apply the techniques, processes and internal control systems required to manage risk.
3. Manage risks associated with both cash flows and capital investment decisions.
E3 builds on the insights gained from E1 and E2 about how organisations effectively implement their strategies by aligning their structures, people, process, projects and relationships. E3 aims to develop the skills and abilities of the strategies leaders of the organisations, enabling them to create the vision and direction for the growth and long-term sustainable success of the organisation. This involves successfully managing and leading change within the process of strategy formulation and implementation.
1. Interacting with the organisation’s environment.
2. Evaluating strategic position and strategic options.
3. Leading change.
4. Implementing strategy.
5. The role of information systems in organisational strategy.
You will learn to:
1. Develop the skills and abilities needed by strategic leaders to direct and achieve the long-term success of their organisations.
2. Formulate and implement strategy.
3. Successfully lead and manage change.
F3 focuses on the formulation and implementation of financial strategy to support the overall strategy of the organisation. Using insights gained from F1 and F2, it provides the competencies to evaluate the financing requirements of organisations and the relative merits of alternative sources of finance to meet these requirements. Finally, it develops the competencies required to value investment opportunities including the valuation of corporate entities for mergers, acquisitions and divestments.
1. Formulation of financial strategy.
2. Financing and dividend decisions.
3. Corporate finance.
You will learn to:
1. Formulate and implement financial strategy to support the overall strategy of the organisation.
2. Develop skills to evaluate and recommend alternative sources of finance.
3. Develop competencies required to value investment opportunities including divestments, mergers and acquisitions.