Book Nowbook-now

ICB Financial Accounting

Whether you are just getting started or are already a working professional, our courses have been designed to give you the practical skills and accreditation to further develop your career at your own pace.
 
When studying an ICB course you can rest assured that you will be studying the most credible and reputable bookkeeping, office administration, entrepreneurship and business management qualifications in Southern Africa. 
 
So whether you want to become a Certified Bookkeeper and run your own business, or become a Certified Financial Accountant - our range of ICB courses will give you the right skills and accreditation to advance your accounting career.
 
Choosing a tuition provider is vital. 
 
It is important to know that the time and resources you've invested in your studies are going to result in achieving your professional goals. Therefore choosing a reputable and recognised tuition provider is invaluable. 
 
From your initial enquiry until you complete your qualification, we will give you all the advice, guidance and support you need to ensure that you pass and achieve your goals.
 
We understand when studying at home, you need more than just excellent, up–to–date study material. You also need expert home–study methods and outstanding tutor support that we aim to provide. 
 
When you enrol with us, you automatically have the support of our expert tutors.
 
Our tutor program is designed to keep you on track with your studies by providing you with extra support in those difficult areas where you might feel that you need that extra help, ultimately giving you peace of mind.
 
“The fact that we have access to a tutor makes a big difference. Studying through IBTC is great!” - Maretha Bekker, ICB - Home study student

Have a look at our flexible options to study towards your ICB qualification.
 

Exams

Exam cycle

The ICB's exam cycle runs from 1 April to 31 March each year. Exams written in May, July, September, November and February of the next year fall within the same exam cycle, and are based on the same curriculum. 

Note: The ICB updates its curriculum and study material annually. It is important that you pass your exam in the exam cycle that your material relates to.


Registration

You have to register for your exam on the ICB's Student Portal. An exam fee is payable for every subject you register for. Your annual student registration fee also becomes payable once you register for the first exam of a new calendar year.

Do you live in Johannesburg? Select IBTC Correspondence Sandton as your exam venue and meet our staff!

Click here to view the 2017 ICB exam timetable.


Format

All ICB exams are paper-based, 3.5 hours long and count 180 marks. 

You have to take your completed PoE with you on exam day. Your final exam paper will be included in the PoE, after which it is sent to the ICB for marking. 

Click here to view the ICB's examination policy.


Results

Results are released by the ICB approximately 7 weeks after the exam sitting (see the exam timetable for exact dates). It will appear on your profile on the ICB's Student Portal.

70% of your final mark comes from the final exam, while your PoE counts for the other 30%.

You need to achieve a final mark of 60% to be found 'competent', while also achieving a minimum of 50% for the final exam. 


Get a quote

Course Enquiry


Subscribe to our newsletter

We'll only send you good stuff