Introduction To Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions
In this course we review the basic functions of an investment bank and Mergers and Acquisitions or M&A practitioners within an Investment Banking Division (IBD).
The merger of Thomson and Reuters is used as a case study to illustrate the main points.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date
On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the work of the Mergers & Acquisitions or M&A group within IBD including key terms like Beauty Parade
- Understand the strategic rationales for M&A such as vertical or horizontal integration
- Gain an overall understanding of valuation in M&A using Enterprise Value to EBITDA multiples
- Understand some of the key external factors in public company bids such as the Takeover Panel and the Blue Book and the Competition Commission
- Knowing some of the key bid tactics used in attack and defence
- Understand the career structure of investment bankers and the different roles they play
Authored by: John Bolitho
John's career spans 20 years in financial services both on the buy side and the sell side of finance, with a general focus on advising, and investing in, technology businesses. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder and has a Diploma in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.