In the new economic situation, the need to get the best deal possible is more pressing than ever. More than ever, the culture of negotiation needs to spread and deepen throughout the organisation, leading to a constant reduction in costs and improvement in efficiency.
Negotiation situations often go beyond the simple one-to-one scenarios. What happens if you are negotiating on behalf of someone else? Or your counterparty is? What happens if there are several parties involved, all with competing agendas?
This course uses the latest thinking from Harvard Business School to achieve sustainable negotiated agreements that satisfy all parties at the table, using powerful tools to deal with the most complex of multi-party negotiations.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Negotiate confidently and skilfully with any business stakeholder to achieve the optimum solution at minimum cost
- Build profitable and sustainable relationships through negotiating win-win solutions with customers and suppliers, internal or external
- Call on a repertoire of advanced techniques to get around any impasse in the negotiation due to conflicting demands
- Be more cost-conscious and aware of the many opportunities present for cost-cutting and negotiation
- Use the Harvard Approach of Principle-Centred Negotiations
- 'Negotiate backwards' to successfully resolve complex multi-party negotiations
- Identify and neutralise dirty tactics from the other side
Authored by: Simon Horton
Simon is a highly experienced trainer with many years experience of running personal development programmes at a host of blue-chip organisations. He began his career at Cap Gemini and, in 1989, left to work as a freelance management consultant, working mainly in the financial services sector. Simon also runs NLP certification courses to Master Practitioner level and presents regularly at NLP conferences.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.